Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July


I organized the kid's parade and pool party today - they decorated their bikes and my daughter face painted flags and cute things on many a cheek.   Hot, hot outside - so the balloon toss turned into a balloon fight and then everyone jumped into the pool.  Pizza and, of course, watermelon for lunch and popsicles - of which my little guy ate at least ... 12!  He had a BLUE mouth.  It is time for fireworks soon... and of course, we have been dry, dry here in NC and NOW it decides to rain.  No POUR.  Oh well, my kids are already pulling out the old-fashioned game boards.  Looks like it will still be fun.


This is for Macro Monday.  This little frog may not look like it is a macro... but consider it is smaller than my pinky finger!  And boy can it hop... it was NOT easy capturing this fellow as it was shady and my camera would finally focus and he would hop away.  I had to track him down (he is not easy to spot) and start all over again.   So, are you impressed?  

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

both great shots. :)

and we'd love your rain if you can send it! :)

Pitterle Postings said...

Love the shots! And I really hate that when the camera won't focus like I want it too!!

Kala said...

Love that teeny little frog!

Ginnie Hart said...

VERY impressed. I may have to come over to get lessons from you. :)