Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Savannah Charm


Porches, sweet tea, century old oak trees, flowers, and conversation.  A perfect spring afternoon was seen on many a porch.  Many stone and brick walls had vines a bloom with flowers - I don't know what they were, but they smelled wonderful.


And maybe the following is an example of "aroma overdose"?!


The last photo is my selection for this week's "Creative Exchange".  Even though I think the middle photo is the sweetest, the bottom one makes me laugh.  I hope it got a chuckle from you as well! :)

There are lots of amazingly talented people that submit to the Creative Exchange.  I have never done this before, but I really, really enjoyed the art work and touching up of Rosemary's blog photos.  Click HERE to see what I mean.

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

LOL!

love the house in the top!

Nora B. Peevy said...

Thanks for taking me back to vacation in Savannah. That town is magical! I would have loved to see even more pictures of the town. It's so creepy and inspiriting and beautiful and ancient all at the same time.

-Nora

Brian Miller said...

smiles...what tender pics of the kids with the flowers...

have not been to savannah in years...

Ruth said...

It did get a chuckle, after the ahhh of the previous one. I'd love to be able to smell them too . . .

Lisa Gordon said...

These are wonderful photographs Margaret! I especially love the second one. Beautifully captured!

Thank you so much for sharing this at The Creative Exchange.

Have a wonderful day!

lisa.

Justine said...

that second one is lovely, great shots.

Reena said...

That bottom one is awesome! Great capture!

Matteo Taffuri said...

Ottime foto Margaret!
have a nice day
ciao
Matteo

Claudia said...

such lovely pics margaret...my fav is the last one i guess...beautiful - just beautiful

Pitterle Postings said...

Beautiful pictures Margaret!! I love the middle one, and you are right, the last one made me laugh.

Jannie Funster said...

Star jasmine!!

I know it very very well.

Those gorgeous kids anyone you know?? :)

xo

Pat said...

Nothing better than a big front porch! The photos of the cute kids are wonderful - I love the little boy's expression!

Margaret said...

Thank you all for enjoying a bit of Savannah with me. It was hot, but so much to see and do. Gives one an excuse to have a lovely cold ice tea and ice cream in between meals! :)

Nora - I have a few more photos, but I had little kids with me and they aren't always so patient with me taking photos all the time ... :)

Jannie - the children are mine... my son really was well behaved but we did not take him on the mansion tours... I think the "historical society" ladies would have had a heart attack with him on the tour... ha ha

Ginnie Hart said...

Adorable sweetie-pies!!