Monday, November 7, 2011

In Tandem - "A Parental Warning"

Artwork courtesy of Jinksy for "In Tandem"

A Parental Warning

Baby hold tightly this month of May
as Savanna's rivers run swiftly. 
Forget not, its death force
 can carry you far away!
Cling to me as we quench our thirst,
with its life-giving coolness.
Remember, my little baboon,
it's a jungle out there.

by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens 365, November 7, 2011


It DOES look like a baboon with a baby, right?  Give it a try yourself.  Click HERE to be transported to "In Tandem #17", a weekly artistic prompt for you to write poetry or short prose to.  


5 comments:

Jinksy said...

I see your baboon, now I look, but I saw flying angels originally! Isn't imagination a fascinating tool? ♥ Thanks for hopping on the Tandem...

Margaret said...

Jinksy - thanks for the prompt! I love the colors in the artwork... I've turned it around a couple of times and don't see angels... I 'll have to ask my girls tomorrow if they do.

G-Man - I just got back from Winston-Salem ... I think I will take a risk with the Baboon's over the CRAZY drivers on the road at night!

Dave King said...

I looked at this. but chickened out. You have shown me up, a superb interpretation of an intriguing visual.

Celestial Dreamz said...

it's a treat to the eyes and mind visiting your blogs ... all the best.

Grace said...

Very nice and creative response to the prompt ~

I never thought of it this way ~
Heaven