Sunday, February 19, 2012

"Sonder's Hour" - The Weekend in Black & White


I have been quite attracted to a particular challenge (do I really need one more?) and have hesitated to participate as I am quite intimidated... but that is not the way to improve.  So, here is my first entry linked to "The Weekend in Black & White".   Does anyone have a favorite black & white photography book?  A "how to" of sorts to finesse and refine this art?

I call this time of day at the barn "Sonder's Hour" as she seems to glow as the afternoon sun starts its daily decent.  This is quite striking in color, but I find it stunning, more  personal in b&w.  

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love that dappled belly! :)

barbara l. hale said...

Wonderful job with this beautiful horse! I will have to think on the book for a while. None springs to mind at this point.

Marie said...

It´s an awesome photo Margeret and you captured the afternoon sun excellent. A very calming photo this is with that stunning beauty. Thanks for passing by and for your comment.

Fireblossom said...

Her eyes are closed in horsey bliss!

Lisa Gordon said...

This is a wonderful photograph Margaret!
I can truly recommend "Black and White Digital Photography," by Chris Bucher. I read it cover to cover a few months ago, and really learned a lot.

Herotomost said...

Yeah...this makes me want to open a picnic basket and just watch...great photo in many different aspects.

Reena said...

Such a wonderful photo ... and you captured her with her eyes closed. So cool!

Maude Lynn said...

Gorgeous B&W!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Wonderful photo.

Regards and best wishes

Ginnie Hart said...

Definitely a winner, Margaret!

G-Man said...

Margaret Bednar...
Black and White photo's are so retro. And I DO love retro!

Dragonstar said...

Welcome! Black and white can be so rewarding - placing the emphasis on light. Your glow shows well.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous capture!!! =)