Saturday, March 24, 2012

IGWRT's Mary's Mixed Bag - "The Scryer"



The Scryer

My little Nostradamus peers trance-like
into his own mirror of Galadriel
visions reflected for but a moment
before he's off throwing
a pebble into another scrying pool
changing the color, ebb, and flow
of nature's Magic 8-Ball
of fate once again.

by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens 365, March 24, 2012

* * * * *

This is for Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Mary's Mixed Bag Friday, theme: "Poetry of the Ordinary"
Hop on over and take a look at numerous imaginative creations to this prompt!

I have also linked this to "Magpie Tales #122".

Scrying - a  magic practice of seeing things physically in a medium (cyrstal, stone, mirror, water, fire, smoke)

Nostradamus - A famous 16th century scryer.

Mirror of Galadriel - a basin filled with water in which one may see visions of the past present and future, appearing in The Lord of the Rings.

18 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

What a sweet little chap! It is sad to think we lose our childhood's fascination with mud puddles, and all the possibilities which lie within.

Nancy said...

Such a precious picture of this little guy.....

Ella said...

What a cutie! I love the magic of your words and the 8 ball, really wove it together nicely, for me~
Wonderful insight! I agree with Kerry...off to find a mud puddle, lol

Mary B. Mansfield said...

A magical offering! Going to have to go out and see if I can find myself a little magic in one of the puddles in the driveway this morning :)

Daydreamertoo said...

I love this. Children see a whole different world than we do, don't they. There's is still filled with wonder, magic and mystery, whereas, as adults our thoughts tend to become more jaded from life.
Really enjoyed this and the picture is just, precious :)

RMP said...

I wonder what it is he sees? This made me smile, thank you.

Grace said...

He can see a lot of adventure and faces...Nice picture of your little Nostradamus ~

Mary said...

I love this picture and your poem. Glad that you explained 'scrying.'

barbara l. hale said...

Love this! What a sweet pic!

Susie Clevenger said...

Love it all from the pic to verse to explanation...great piece!!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I so love that photo - at that age, every single thing is the most fascinating miracle. Lovely. May his eyes stay full of wonder.

Maude Lynn said...

Gorgeous piece, Margaret! And, I adore the photo.

Ginnie Hart said...

Oh, how I love your little Scryer!!!

Helen said...

For me, this is one of your finest!

Tess Kincaid said...

This one is my favorite of yours Margaret...and your little Nostradamus is too cute!

Berowne said...

Ah yes, nature's magic 8-ball of fate does indeed take strange bounces. :-)

Silent Otto said...

Remnds me if the Metallica song " unforgiven" , where they highlight how children are dragged into "reality" and programmed to conform post haste. "quickly hes subdued, a constant state of disgrace, the young boy learns their rules .."

Helena said...

What a cracking first line....!