Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Breathe"


Breathe

Inhale.

Feel the rush of crispness
fill a void you didn't know you had,

makes you look 'round,
notice how vibrant everything is.

Marvel at the muskiness
of the pungent field,

surprise yourself
you like it.

Allow the silence
to settle and soothe,

almost taste your childhood.
Silliness, laughter, exuberance;

try to convince yourself
these are not flavors.

Now exhale.  Do you feel
the gift of renewal?

by Margaret Bednar, 11-15-2012

This is for Friday Fences #58. which I will link up with later.  I used Kim Klassen's texture "Kristen" using soft light mode.

10 comments:

Gail said...

Yes, I can taste it.

TexWisGirl said...

thanks, i needed that. :)

Anonymous said...

Are yo trying to bait me into participating? I am about to....no words necessary I take it except perhaps to explain image...I should be practicing the flute right now!!!!!

Robyn said...

Neat rural setting and poem. Thank You for stopping in at my blog!

Mary said...

I feel renewed just reading this poem!

Jennifer Wagner said...

Brilliant, love it.

Jennifer Wagner said...

Brilliant, love it.

Amrit Sinha said...

Yes, I can feel the gift :-)

Ginnie Hart said...

I like that, Margaret! It was an exercise we often did in massage-therapy school: breathe in love, peace, hope, etc. Breathe out hate, conflict, fear....

my heart's love songs said...

lovely!!!