Monday, July 8, 2013

IGWRT's Open Link Monday "Tink"


Tink
by William Bednar

It's not every day you see a girl with butterfly wings
Just standing on the sidewalk.
It's funny how mundane things
Like ten dollar wings, street lamps, and kindergarten chalk
Can conjure such a pondrous fey,
Who waits by starlight for her Pan,
Hair undone, forgotten bangs, astray.
It's not every girl, reminds a boy inside the man.

Sharing a bit of my two oldest children's artistry with Imaginary Garden with Real Toad's "Open Link Monday"... my son's poetry, my daughters art (she did a few years ago).  I am so excited that my oldest son Will's (junior in college) play "Straight on 'till Morning" will be performed August 5th in Winston Salem, NC and Chelsea (freshman in college) will be portraying Tinkerbell.  

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

great poem AND great art!

Marian said...

wow, Margaret, fantastic! you must be so incredibly proud. kudos!

Maude Lynn said...

How beautiful, Margaret!

Jim said...

I love them both, Margaret!!! You surely can be a proud mother.

William's poem reminds the boy in me that not every man is a Pan. I might be one.
..

grapeling said...

good on you, all around, Margaret :)

Anonymous said...

Chelsea's art, as always, lovely. William, in recognizing the Pan in the man will soon find that he is in the minority. Which should make him all the more popular!

You created two works of art, Margaret. Thanks for sharing their talents with us! Amy

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Delightful verse and art!

Madeleine Begun Kane

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Such talented kids you have!! Love the painting and the poem is exquisite. You will be so proud seeing your son's play, starring your daughter.

Lisa Gordon said...

Margaret, this is just wonderful, but I must say not surprising, since their mom is truly so talented also!

Congratulations to both Will and Chelsea. And to you too!!!

Susie Clevenger said...

Such wonderful talent...You have so much to take pride in!

Anonymous said...

I felt magic and fireflies all around me reading your verse! Brilliant art! Lovingly Debbie

Ginnie Hart said...

You can pop all your buttons and mine, too, Margaret. Congratulations.

Hannah said...

♥ This is such a special post.

Margaret said...

Hannah! Thank you … I adore my son's poetry and my daughter's artwork. I could fill my house with it (and actually do :)