Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"Gimli"


"Gimli"

He implores
with tail and whine

"Apple blossoms are blooming, 
swallows are swooping,
spring's minty fringe
will soon give way to summer heat."

I look out my window, see he's right,
grab the leash; wonder who is walking who.

Margaret Bednar, April 29, 2014


This is linked with "Imaginary Garden with Real Toad's - Talk to the Animals" hosted by Helen.

I'm far behind on commenting for the last few challenges at "The Garden" (2 which were challenges hosted by me!).  We have had quite a bit of activity on our house for sale (no offers yet) and a few one hour notices … suffice it to say, I'm nearly pulling my hair out.  

I am taking a blogging break for the next few days as my husband and I are celebrating our 24th anniversary! 

I will catch up visiting and commenting but will not be posting anything for a few days after Grapeling's wordlist challenge tomorrow.   I actually did a poem a day for all of April.  

I will select a winner for the drawing described below when I get back!   


For the month of April, I am participating in NaPoWriMo2014 or National Poetry Writing Month.  The website is HERE.

In celebration of this year's challenge, I will be giving away a free book of my poetry.  If you are interested in participating in this drawing, please click the red logo at the top of my side bar and leave your name and a means to reach (blog, email, etc) you in the comment section.

PLEASE INDICATE YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DRAWING OR I WILL ASSUME YOU ARE JUST COMMENTING.  THANKS. 

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

too cute!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Uuurgh viewings can be such a nightmare when you have to keep getting out at a moments notice. Hope you sell soon and that you have a wonderful anniversary. Loved the poem. When it comes to our lab I often wonder who's walking who. :)

Maude Lynn said...

This is so true!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh I love him. I could not resist either.

Hannah said...

I so identify with this little guy...nicely done, Margaret!

Congrats on the poem a day!

Anonymous said...

Anything with dogs is right down my alley, and this is adorable! Good luck with everything, and congratulations to you and the hubby!

Anonymous said...

he's a dwarf?? :) ~

Kerry O'Connor said...

There is so much to be read in a dog's expressive body language, especially the excitement at walkie time.

Helen said...

I'm guessing he shared those wonderful words ... during that walk!

Gillena Cox said...

luv !!! nice flow of words beautiful painted scene

much love...

Susie Clevenger said...

What fun...I imagine the delightful pup is taking "you" for a walk.