Monday, April 28, 2014

"Life's Dance'



Life's Dance

Tulips are most glorious
come high spring,

flaunt not, as true beauty
graciously shares gifts
of which most are envious.

Lilies and dahlias
will have their day,

but for now light bows low
as the bell of the ball
savors life's brief dance.

by Margaret Bednar, April 28, 2014

Come read and share your poetry over at "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Open Link Monday"  This poem is linked there.


For the month of April, I am participating in NaPoWriMo2014 or National Poetry Writing Month.  The website is HERE.

In celebration of this year's challenge, I will be giving away a free book of my poetry.  If you are interested in participating in this drawing, please click the red logo at the top of my side bar and leave your name and a means to reach (blog, email, etc) you in the comment section.

PLEASE INDICATE YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DRAWING OR I WILL ASSUME YOU ARE JUST COMMENTING.  THANKS. 

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

life's dance is brief...just a season, if we even get that....enjoy life while you have it...and then again...each age as we receive it...

Kathryn Dyche said...

My husbands favorite flower. :)