Friday, July 31, 2015

"From One Butterfly to Another"





From one Butterfly to Another

No shame
I don't remember your name,
for my mind recalls
gingham dress, wind-blown hair,
fragile, slender arms.

Remembers
how beneath blue skies
you fluttered away before being crushed

and I take note the dusty road
boardered with wildflowers and weeds
may not lead to paradise,
but certainly escape

for which I too may claim.

by Margaret Bednar, July 31, 2015

This poem is for "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Music with Marion"  Watch the video and become inspired... I just voted down my reaction to this song by "The Lemonheads" and this is what transpired.  The few clips of Johnny Depp in this video - does anyone know what movie this is?

7 comments:

Marian said...

Not from a movie, he made the video with them. :)

I love the images in your poem! Gingham, a road boarded with wildflowers. Very nice.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is very beautiful, Margaret! I, too, love the gingham and the wildflowers.....

Outlawyer said...

This reminds me of images of the dust bowl and other depression photos--I am particularly thinking of one of a mother with seven children--a very beautiful photo--and I do not know the woman's name--I do not know if it is named. It is lovely, thanks. k.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I especially like the final stanza, the mood is very in keeping with that of The Lemonheads' vibe. There is something very homey about it.

Lolamouse said...

Beautiful and sad. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Escape is so important.... Margaret I have not visited for eons and I apologize. I was revisiting an old poem of mine, Inside Things, and found a comment you left there. You know, my own poetry always seems to change just a little each time I revisit. Like eyeglasses, every trip to the doc finds a little stronger prescription lens... But what you wrote there didn't much as what you write everywhere will never change, everlasting strength in emotion. I just wanted to stop by and say it is wonderful being your friend... -John

Outlawyer said...

There are escapes we all sort of need! You describe that here very palpably. k.